Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The 10 Leprechauns

Pay loves going to Bible study every week and she has some pretty awesome teachers :).  She has gotten really good at retelling the Bible studies she hears each week.  This week she learned about the 10 lepers Jesus healed in Luke 17:11-19.  She remembered how many there were, how they were banished from friends and family while they were sick, that they had sores all over their bodies, how they were healed, and the fact that only one went back to thank Jesus.  She got ALMOST everything right.  She swore they were 10 LEPRECHAUNS with sores on their bodies, not 10 LEPERS.  She kept on saying, "The 10 leprechauns were so sick." "The leprechauns went to the temple, but felt better before they saw the priest "  "Only the one leprechaun with the happy heart went back to tell Jesus thank you."
The whole time Q had this puzzled look on her face wondering if they were really leprechauns.  When Pay was finished Q said, "Mamma, I have never heard of that Bible story before."  I tried to explain that they were lepers, but I didn't have to heart to push too hard because it might have been the cutest story Payter has ever told us.  Man I love that kid!

No comments: