Friday, November 2, 2007

Mother of the Year

So here are our pictures from Halloween. It was a lot of fun, we had a festival at church and all Q wanted to do is bounce on the inflatable toys. You see, she was spoiled earlier in the week when she got to bounce in a huge inflatable sports-themed bouncy at Brock's birthday party. Now all she wants to do is jump in these things. The problem about the one at church is the she was at least 2 feet shorter than the other kids in and thus, was a little out of her league. We couldn't believe it, but Q actually let us keep the ducky outfit on her the whole night. This leads me into the first reason that I should be considered for mother of the year. #1 - It was probably only 60ish degrees outside and my child was in this crazy thick outfit with long sleeves and long pants beneath. Talk about heat stroke... the poor kid was sweating buckets as she was jumping the night away. Its almost like that scene in the movie A Christmas Story when Ralphie's mom made him wear the bunny costume! And these next pictures depict point #2... good thing I fed her some fruit before we left the house because the rest of her dinner consisted of Tootsie Pops and Cheetos.. and to think I majored in science!

Don't worry, yes she is eating her spiled Cheetos out of the back of a truck! Needless to say by the time we got home her sugar high went away any she was a disaster! In the end it was a great night and all I have to say is that she was simply just the cutest duck ever, especially when she would quack!

1 comment:

kmp said...

I think that's the absolute cutest duck I have ever seen!! I can't wait to hear her quack in person. And I'm glad to see that you did up Halloween the way its supposed to be done....sugar, sugar and more sugar until you crash. Way to go Q!!